Thursday, April 2, 2009

Web Talk - The New Design of Stuff

I'm just checking out the new Stuff website, and it's brilliant! It's clean, and uncluttered. It's smart and user friendly - they seem to have put heaps of thought into the key reasons that people visit Stuff and made those options easily available on the front page. And when you click on a link, you're presented with the option of checking out the latest headlines. With each inch that I scrolled down the page I was met with another link that I was pleased to see, for example they seem to have the important news, in colour down the left side of the page, and more personalised, peripheral material such as blogs and games available on the right - in duller colours. My website designer Galen at Luciddesign is always talking about making webpages more elegant and I was wondering whether this is a growing trend. Seems that it is, if Stuff, which was voted best overall website last year, are going this way, I'd best pay more attention to Galen!

No comments:

Post a Comment