Sunday, April 19, 2009

Tell me what to write an ebook about and you could win my album


It's a quintessential Golden Bay album - recorded in the valleys of the Bay, the call of the Tui filtering in ... and out. It took me three years to record Turangawaewae - Place to Stand. It started when I decided to take up singing, song-writing, and playing guitar, on a whim, all at once. I entered a Golden Bay music competition and to my astonishment won the judge's choice. I decided to take at as a blessing and I was off after that, playing music all around the top of the South Island, forming bands, writing music prolifically, even teaching music (though I'm not sure who was teaching who). After my father died I become very inspired to write music and some songs detail the journey of living life to the full after someone I love dearly had passed on. Becoming a mother virtually stopped me in my musical tracks, meanwhile Kiwi FM and Fresh FM have continued to play the album. I never toured this album, but my son's old enough now that I'm nearly ready to take to the stage once more! Check it out, I hope you like it.

Onto the key subject: an ebook. I'm going to write one. A free one for the Happyzine community. I've got all sorts of ideas - let me know which ones you like, or suggest some more and I'll send the person with the best idea a copy of my album. Here they are:
1. How to live intuitively and stay you and why you'd be doing the world a favour
2. Ten ways to find meaning in life
3. How to stay optimistic and thrive - the little NZ ebook
4. How to relax and maintain your mojo while you parent
5. Ten ways to relax and be you whilst pursuing a lucrative career path
6. Five ways to save the planet and remain optimistic

Email me with your ideas! I'll announce the winner of the album as soon as I find you.
Charlotte

No comments:

Post a Comment