Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Happyzine on Twitter


So what is this strange Internet social exchange that people are talking about? Well I'm not completely sure yet, but I'm working on it and I'm having fun! Happyzine joined twitter and now I get to tell the world what we're up to in any moment of the day. And I can watch what other businesses and people are thinking about and doing. The 'tweets' (comments) can range from: 'I'm making peanut butter on toast' to 'check out our great deal online'. It's strangely fun. I do feel connected to these people. The cool thing about Twitter is that it's simple and easy and it doesn't seem to take to long to process, unlike Facebook or Myspace. I like that it only has four million users (I'm looking forward to saying this about Happyzine!!!). Somehow it seems more intimate 'tweeting' in such short sentences (you have to keep them down to under 160 characters) with a these people. I've hooked up with other good news media, and with whole food organisations, and kiwi businesses and I'm enjoying feeling that we're even a tiny bit a part of each other's lives. In fact, I'm not the only one. A recent study has shown that Twitter is helping families to recconect accross the generations. What a quirky, yet delightful idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment