Friday, May 22, 2009

Life in my car-less world


Yes. The car object has been missing from my world for the past month. I've had to walk from A to B. Or car pool with a koha thrown in. Or simply make do with what I've got and spend more time at home. It's amazing how I've become quite happy to live without a car. My world has contracted - I've found new and ingenious ways of exercising my dog in nearby parks (for example: throw the stick in the bushes and let her determinedly sniff it out whilst I watch on proudly). I've learned to ask people to pick me up things I need when they go out. I've gotten really good at doing one big grocery shop (via car pooling) and using up what ever's at home rather than nipping down to the supermarket for something extra. I've become more house proud - seeing I'm stuck here. Voxy.co.nz and Cityhop published a comment on the book How to Live Well Without a Car. It's a timely book. The irony is, just when I relaxed about my car less state, my mother left the country and her car in my driveway. Oh well, at least I'll appreciate it far more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment